+2 votes
asked in Mortgage by
What is the normal timeline from mortgage pre-approvals to clear to close on home loans. Do FHA loans take longer than conventional loans for clear to close on mortgage?

1 Answer

+1 vote
answered by (21.2k points)
edited by

If your loan is already preapproved the time to clear to close typically takes about 15 to 30 days. FHA loans do not take longer than conventional loans. The longest part of the process is the appraisal. There‚Äôs not much lenders can do to control how quickly the reports are returned. Typically you alone should be clear to close a few days prior to the actual closing.  At USA mortgage all of our preapprovals are signed off by an underwriter before you put your offer in. This is a huge advantage to you because we can get the clear to close very quickly after receiving the appraisal report. What state are you looking to purchase your new home? I am Mike Gracz from the Gustan Cho Associates. Please contact me on 630-659-7644 or send me an email at mgracz@usa-mortgage.com for more information.

asked Apr 29, 2018 in Mortgage by (21.4k points)
0 votes
BLOG On Timeline From Pre-Approval To Clear To Close
commented by (21.4k points)
Great response Mike. By the way, my name is spelled Gustan Cho not Guston Cho. LOL. Please make a note of it. You are confusing Google. Lol