+1 vote
asked in FHA Loans by
My current credit score is a 653, which was what the loan officer I have been trying to work with to buy a home told me today. She told me because I have a collection on my credit report from November 2017, I do not qualify for a FHA loan. I have found a home and put an offer on it because the same loan officer told me everything looked good. Now, I'm struggling to get approved for the same loan I felt I wouldn't have problems getting. I am needing help with getting the home financed.

1 Answer

+1 vote
answered by
April

Good evening. Thank you for reaching out to me and my team. Outstanding collections and charged off accounts do not have to be paid to qualify for FHA Loans. The collection account you have posted on November 2017 is less than 12 months old which is fine. HUD Guidelines want no late payments in the past 12 months. The collection that posted last November 2017 was the recorded date on your credit bureaus and most likely not the date of last activity. As long as you get an approve/eligible per automated underwriting system findings, you are fine with us. We have a national reputation of not having any lender overlays on government and conventional loans. Feel free to contact us at 262-716-8151 or text us for faster response. You may also email us at gcho@gustancho.com or feel free to email my national sales manager Michael Gracz at mgracz@gustancho.com.