+1 vote
asked in Mortgage by

Hello, I ran across your article helping people after bankruptcy get a mortgage loan. Can you give me more info on that?

Thanks

4 Answers

0 votes
answered by

Amy

Of course.  What is your number and best time to call you tomorrow? What state are you buying a home? 
0 votes
answered by

We are in Indiana, my husband makes 12,000 a month bring home and we filed BK in 2016, he was laid off for a few weeks so we got behind on a couple CC's. His score is showing 580 on credit karma, we have been working to get it up. We have never purchased a home before. Can you tell me if you would be able to help us or is his score too low?

commented by
Now is your business able to approve mortgage loans like that? We are looking in the 200,000 range, we have lived at our current residence for almost 4 years in August. We filed BK because of medical bills, we are now in good standing with the CCs and have 3 auto loans that have never been late.
0 votes
answered by
I just don't want to have another hard inquiry on our credit if we are not able to get approved. So im trying to see if it is even feasible with the late payments in the past. 
commented by
Now is your business able to approve mortgage loans like that? We are looking in the 200,000 range, we have lived at our current residence for almost 4 years in August. We filed BK because of medical bills, we are now in good standing with the CCs and have 3 auto loans that have never been late.
0 votes
answered by
Most lenders have lender overlays. HUD, the parent of FHA, states that a borrower can qualify for a FHA LOAN one year after their Chapter 13 payment plan.